Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Breaking News

Robert Pruett #999411

July 1, 2007

Breaking News

Before I get into the latest news about my case, I would like to apologize to all of my avid readers (Ha! I wish!) for not posting anything in the past weeks. While I have been pretty busy working on various things, there’s really no excuse for not posting something at least every couple of weeks. I just get so caught up in everything that’s going on around me that I lose track of things. Sorry. I’ll do better, I swear! J
Alright, now for the news: A few weeks back word reached me that someone who was on McConnell Unit when Nagle was murdered had been reading what I’ve been writing on the internet and he decided to help me. He wants to write an affidavit explaining how I cut my thumb. At the moment he hasn’t written it, so I won’t reveal his identity just yet. Just know that I remember this person being on the recreation yard when I cut my thumb and I distinctly recall speaking with him after I cut myself, so I know firsthand that he’s not pulling my chain.
Allow me to explain the enormity of such a statement and how instrumental it could be in getting my case overturned. The prosecution theorized that I cut my thumb murdering Nagle. From day one I maintained that I cut it on the weight machine on the outside recreation yard, but the prosecution rebutted by saying that if that were true, why didn’t any of the hundred plus men who were on that recreation yard say that I did? Well, the jury didn’t get to hear about how the Texas Department of Criminal Justice-Institutional Division’s officers retaliated against all the people who TRIED to step up for me, and how these people finally backed off after enduring much hardship. That’s why I couldn’t defend myself against the assertion made by the prosecution that I cut myself murdering Nagle. And I firmly believe that this is a large part as to why that jury convicted me. Now that I have someone willing to tell the truth about my cut thumb besides myself, I should be able to get his statement entered into my appeal as newly discovered evidence. I already have excellent grounds for getting my case reversed, but this certainly helps my chances. Nothing is certain-I still might be dead within a year-but getting this affidavit definitely helps me.
In addition to the above mentioned great news, a very special friend of mine from Germany and her remarkable friend from Canada have enabled me to continue the fight for my life with their donation! I will hire an investigator before the end of the month to search for others who know I’m not the one who murdered Nagle and who can write affidavits on my behalf. There are more people out there who can help me fight this illegal conviction. I now have the means to look for them and give them another chance to do the right thing by telling the truth. And it’s all thanks to my friend and her friend! Thank you both so very much.
While it’s great that things are going my way right now in my case, the fight is far from over. There’s so much more that I can do to help myself, and, trust me, I’m working on it. I need to find a way to light a fire under my lawyer’s ass to get him to knock off the bullshit and take my case seriously. Overall, he did compose a decent Federal Writ (even though I thought he could’ve found more recent case law than a 1930s case to back up my biggest claim!) of habeas corpus, but he doesn’t respond to my letters and he’s negligent about sending me copies of everything he files. I don’t know, I just get the feeling that he’s going through the motions in my case, that he really isn’t trying. Maybe I’m wrong? I hope so. Because if he doesn’t give me his best effort, I’m dead real soon.
Also, I still believe that raising public awareness about the facts of my case is vital to my defense. If more people speak out for me and support me against this corrupt system, my chances of survival increase tenfold. If you’re reading this, please contact your local media outlets (TV stations, radio stations, reporters, etc.) and direct them to my site. The more coverage and exposure, the better. Everyone reading this can make a difference.

There has been a lot of killing around here as of late. They killed like three people in the span of ten days, the last of whom was Patrick Knight, aka Dean Man Laughing. I didn’t really know him prior to his date, but I got a chance to kick it with him his last couple of weeks. I admire his strength during his last days. A lot of people who knew him said that he went out with peace; I’m not so sure. It’s irrelevant at this point. He has made the transition from the ephemeral to the eternal. I believe that he’s at one with his true essence now. I enjoyed conversing with him during his last days on this plane of existence and can’t wait to meet up with him one of these days.
There are a few more scheduled executions for this month. As I probably mentioned in the past, I live on the pod where these men await their fates, so I experience some of what they go through firsthand. I don’t pretend to know what they go through, nor do I claim to understand completely. All I know is that everyone around me, including myself, are affected psychologically by all the death. One day you’re talking to someone that you’ve known and even loved for years, the next you watch him being led off of the pod to his murder. This theme repeats itself with great frequency here on the pod. On the one hand it’s good to be here to say goodbye to your friends, on the other it’s emotionally taxing. We deal with it pretty good, though. It helps me remain focused on my own fight for life.

Alright, I’ll wrap this up and get it out to be posted. Before I go, I just want to thank everyone in my life that helps get me through, who helps me keep the fire burning inside to fight. It’s true that I would’ve given up completely without all of you. You know who you are. I love you all and I’m thankful that you’re a part of my life. Everyone keep your heads up and hearts true.

One Day at a Time,

Simple Man

5 comments:

Unknown said...

To hear you say these things ,makes me feel exasperated completely.my life hasn't been the best.I have lost everything I love to death or the prison system.I love you robert ur a wonderful person and everytime ur name is mentioned my lkil brother Aaron aka baby g crys.....its like u r the best man he's ever know .I have no respect for the sorry low lifes that testified on u and pray for u to be at peace .just know bro.u r very love on the east side and u may not have a million followers but the ones that count follow ur lead .miss u and love u always and forever Robert Lynn Pruitt.muah from the dirty fukn east side L.L.H.R.

Unknown said...

To hear you say these things ,makes me feel exasperated completely.my life hasn't been the best.I have lost everything I love to death or the prison system.I love you robert ur a wonderful person and everytime ur name is mentioned my lkil brother Aaron aka baby g crys.....its like u r the best man he's ever know .I have no respect for the sorry low lifes that testified on u and pray for u to be at peace .just know bro.u r very love on the east side and u may not have a million followers but the ones that count follow ur lead .miss u and love u always and forever Robert Lynn Pruitt.muah from the dirty fukn east side L.L.H.R.

unique said...

Your execution its not sitting too well with many people yrs bk before coming across your case there were too many rumors out about that prison unit being very so corrupted involving guards drugs and dangerous gangs and it proved true with guards getting indicted if they were running a system they played by dirty rules and if Robert was bleeding why isnt his blood no where at the scene nor Nagles body have this gut feeling this is an innocent man and where is these people conscious to literally murder this kid on pure circumstance evidence just a minor disciplinary write-up and whose palm print is on the write-up no way the evidence against Robert its to flimsy to kill him

unique said...

There too many red flags pointing Robert is not the killer and the felon who testify against Robert could have been a afraid gang would retaliate against them and the one who were on Robert defense could have kept quiet for same reason especially when combination involved dangerous gangs and corrupted guards and it could right be Robert or any innocent other that could have gotten that write -up that help seal his fate and testimony from inmates its scary someone can actually be murder with no solid evidence just a torn piece of paper no way sad is true killer might be out or in there yet to pull another so by killing Robert the Nagle family will not be getting the justice they deserve too many inconsistencies surrounds that case DNA can stop this murder may the divine power of God intervene in this I do not know Robert but iam impress by the person you have strive to be inspite so much adversity you have endured sending my love continue in your fight other people are watching this one

Unknown said...

I AGREE WITH UNIQUE. THERE IS NO WAY THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE CONVICTED ON CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE!E
I AM A PERSONAL CHILDHOOD FRIEND OF ROBERTS AND I KNOW OF HIS INNOCENSE, ALL THE GAME PLAYING WITH HIS LIFE IS LIFE SICKENS ME, BUT R STILL BEING PLAYED ON OTHERS LIFES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REGUARDS TO ROBERTS LIFE, STILL BEING PLAYED BY THE SAME LOW LIFES THAT CAUSE HIS GRIEFE, THEY ALL WORK FOR THE STATE IN THE FORM OF C I.what I've learned about mr pruitts case I've learned over a period of time and some friends drug abuse. .....I. KNOW ROBERT IS LOVED BY SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS PEOPLE ,NOT ONLY IN THE WORLD BUT ON THE PLANET ...AND THE LOWLIFES WHO SNITCHED ON HIM WOULDN'T HAVE SPOKE HIS NAME HAD. THEY EVER WALKED A DAY IN HIS SHOES HAHAHA.LOLNO MATTER HOW MUCH HARRIS COUNTY PAIID THEM .JUST A THOUGHT
FREE ROBERT PRUITT BABY G LOVES U DOG.FROM THE EAST SIDE CV TEXAS